Monday, December 21, 2009

I blog again! (and it's long)

I just re-read that last blog - the gallbladder one - made me kind of chuckle. I was soo scared of that surgery and it was just nothing. I had the surgery the day after my ER visit because "waiting" didn't happen lol. I was just expecting surgery to be soo horrible but it really wasn't. Once I got back from the second surgery I declined all meds so that I'd get my 24 hrs "drug free" so that I could get back to breastfeeding asap. Worked out good, I hit my 24 hrs right when Dh showed up with the kids to get me and MAN was Hunter happy to have a boob back lol! The doctor came in and offered me some prescription pain relievers but really, it wasn't that bad! Compared to the pain I had been in for days.. it was completely tolerable so I declined. A little sore to lay down but not bad. I took some tylonel that day I got home (which was Thursday July 23rd - Joe's 8th birthday) but by Saturday I was myself again, loaded the kids up for some shopping, got lunch, had fun with my mom - got yelled at for being up and moving around. But who the hell could just lay in bed? I heal faster when I'm up and doing things. I think that's why I recovered from having Hunter so fast, I was home 4 hrs after he was born and I was able to cook the family dinner and clean my house and just went back to my normal life. Anyway, glad that is all said and done!

Sorry if I seem kind of bitchy, whiney, hormonal - truth is I just am all those things right now. I really DO like it here, I just a spoiled rotten brat who doesn't like to have to deal with some things - like walking the dog and going upstairs to use the bathroom and to the basement to shower. Amazingly enough the 70's shag carpet, the crazy kitchen tile, and the green appliances aren't bothering me at all. The oven and I have had our moments - it's a royal peice of crap but we went and ordered one at Sears yesterday and it's supposed to be here Christmas eve so with any luck we'll have a nice new oven to cook our Christmas prime rib in. Sad thing is that I have a beautiful new oven sitting in the basement that I can't use because the house is set up for gas and the electric box thing isn't big enough to handle an electric oven. Anyway, a new oven will make a world of difference. Then in January we're having this company come take our kitchen cabinets and basically cut them so that we can fit our big white fridge upstairs. Then I might convience my husband to buy me a new dishwasher next year and the house will have pretty new white appliances! I wish the house was bigger because if it had another 2 bedrooms and another bathroom with new carpet and tile I could live here. But it's very small so we're thinking about building a new house on the extra lot we have and then my mom has mentioned renting this place from us (I think she's ready to leave AZ now that her husband passed). That would be very cool. I really don't mind the area, the school district is supposed to be one of the best and so far Joe's really happy there. It's a very small town but close to bigger ones - literally like 10 minutes down the street we have a huge mall, walmarts and all that good stuff. So it's really not that bad. I just am a brat =D.

I'm trying sooo hard to have patience with the dog. She's having a hard time adjusting too, she's used to having a huge backyard with free roam and now has to be walked. And DH is wanting to put a run up for her but it scares me because she's little and cute so people want to pet her but she's mean and will bite. So I worry about that. Maybe we'll fence an area in summer for her. The inlaws house sits on 14 acres and when we go visit we take her because we can let her go and she just runs and barks and chases animals. She just loves being there. I almost wish they'd adopt her lol. (MIL wants her badly, Joe has already agree'd to this arrangment but FIL says NO! lol)

Kids are good, excited about Christmas. Jayden actually sat with Santa for a picture this year -made me soo happy! He's always telling me that Santa is coming and bringing him a Wii (he just wants everything Joe wants - we got him a splatster, he's going to love it). Joe is worried - I've put NO gifts out this year, so he's wondering if he's getting any and has already mentioned that he doesn't think Santa will come because he's been kind of bad this year lol. He doesn't know it but the cabinets in the basement are full of wrapped presents hehehe. And there are some hidden at the inlaws house too. The Christmas we had planned on "taking it easy" on gifts ended up being the one we spent the most (typical). They're all getting very spoiled this year. The inlaws all went insane buying them stuff... they have no idea the stuff waiting for them! A bunch of spoiled little boys, what more can you want?! hehe

My "baby" is already almost 7 months old and he does not give a crap about Christmas lol! He's crawling and pulling himself up on everything. He says, "UH OH" all the time now. He's a ham! He flirts with everyone lol. He'll find someone and start smiling and giggling and if they don't respond to his attention seeking he screams at them lol. It's cute. He's decided baby food is for babies - he wants chunks so he can feed himself. He'll still eat off a spoon, but prefers stuff he can feed himself. And he lets you know when he's hungry he sits and slaps his mouth and clicks and chews when he wants food. And if I ignore him he screams, literally screams, "MAMAMAMAMAMAMA" lol.

Anyway, I won't write an entire book today I'll call it quits here.

No comments:

Post a Comment